Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Jalapeno Hummus


 Hummus is something I find myself using in my everyday life, I use it on crackers, veggies, sandwiches  chips, etc. So I decided to recreate my own version of one of my favorites... jalapeno hummus. Making your own hummus may sound like a daunting task if you haven't tried it before, but in reality it is so simple to make. Besides the ingredients, the only tool you need is a food processor.
First open a can of chickpeas and add them to the food processor.
 After that you can add the remaining ingredients into the food processor and blend them until creamy. It's as simple as that!
If you refrigerate the hummus it can last for up to a week, try it on veggies or crackers, or whatever else you want to try. Enjoy!

Ingredients:

  • 1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
  • 1 1/2 jalapenos seeded (you can always do less if you don't like it too spicy)
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1 Tbls olive oil
  • juice from 1 lime
  • 3/4 cup of cilantro
  • sea salt to taste

0 comments:

Post a Comment